Your Marriage Celebrant, on Sydney’s Northern Beaches, offers formal or informal ceremonies, on a beach, on a boat, headland or in a floral garden, it would be my pleasure to provide you with my professional wedding celebrant services.

I will attend to all legal paperwork at my Northern Beaches, Sydney office; you will receive a commemorative marriage certificate.

I LOVE my work – working closely with couples, like you, designing your Wedding Ceremony. As your wedding celebrant you can be assured of the best possible professional and confidential service that I can provide I will assist you in designing your Ceremony to reflect your true personalities, feelings and thoughts – a Ceremony with heart and soul! Ensuring that your Wedding Day will be special and stay in your memories forever.

I will set aside as much time as you need – included in my fees, to discuss and listen to your wishes and ideas and I encourage you to have as much input as your desire.

I have an abundance of samples & material available, you can choose my words or create your own (the possibilities are endless)! Either way I will help and guide you in the design of your Personalised Ceremony.

Together we will create your own unique and special Wedding Ceremony. I am fluent in German should you require part of the ceremony spoken in German.

Congratulations on your Engagement!

‘Planning the special day’ – this can be an overwhelming task but with my advice and professional service, plus the added recourses I have provided below it will be MUCH easier than you thought and a lot of fun too.

Your wedding day is a day you will want to remember forever. A Civil Wedding allows you the freedom to hold your Ceremony anywhere you like. The ideal location for your wedding ceremony in Sydney would be your favourite park, northern beach, headland or garden etc. The time sunrise to sunset – it’s your choice.

Marriage Celebrant Sydney – What I Provide

Choosing a Wedding Celebrant is a very important decision. When meeting with a Celebrant you should feel a connection. The Marriage Celebrant should be warm, approachable and sincere, please feel free to contact me and we can have an obligation free chat.

I will attend to all legal paperwork.
I will create your personalised, individual Ceremony.
I will provide everything necessary for the Ceremony.
PA system – ensuring every word is heard by your guests.
Music may be played through my PA.
Portable table and chair with white cloth, for signing of marriage certificate and marriage register.
I will Solemnize your marriage according to Australian Law.
I will register your wedding with Births Deaths and Marriages.

The Ceremony – What It Should Contain

The Ceremony will take approx 20 minutes and must include:-

Legal element from the Marriage Act – spoken by the Celebrant.

Marriage commitment – repeated after the celebrant – no need to memorise.

The Ceremony may include:

Up to 2, this will give your ceremony some balance and help set the mood. (may be read by family member or friend or Celebrant)

The Giving Away
Optional. This is generally done by both or one parent or a family member/ close friend.

The Asking
I will ask you, if you take one another as husband and wife. The answer being “I do” or “I will”.

The Ring Exchange
There may be just one ring – for the bride, this is personal and completely your choice.

Declaration and Kiss
Declaration of marriage.


There are many gorgeous and meaningfull rituals such as:

• Sand Ceremony
• Butterfly Release
• Dove Release
• Ring warming
• Hand fasting

There are many options and including one of these can add dimension to your ceremony


Before you can be married you will need to complete a Notice of Intended Marriage form (NIM) no later that 1 month and 1 day prior to your Wedding. This can be lodged 18 months in advance. This may be done by fax or email, followed by the hard copy in the mail. A booking fee is required at this stage with the balance of the fee due 3 days prior to the wedding.

The documents I will need to sight are:
– If born in Australia – Original Birth Certificates.
– If born overseas – Original Birth Certificate or Overseas Passport.
– If either of you have been married before – Original Divorce Decree papers or Death Certificate of a previous spouse.


Two witnesses over the age of 18 are required to sign the Marriage Register and Certificates.

Shortening of time

It may be possible to request a shortening of time, if you are unable to wait 1 month and 1 day to marry. You will need to meet with me to fill in a Notice of Intended Marriage form (NIM). You can then apply to a prescribed authority for approval. (Your local court or Registry Officials) They are the only ones who can shorten the required period provided they are satisfied that the circumstances prescribed in the regulations are met. These circumstances are:

1. Employment related or other travel commitments.
2. Wedding or celebration arrangements, or religious considerations.
3. Medical reasons.
4. Legal proceedings.
5. Error in giving notice.

It is up to the prescribed authority to approve the application, and is not an automatic process.


Your Personal choice – to be played before, during the bride’s arrival and whilst signing the legal documents.

Arriving on the Day

It is not fashionable to be late! Consider your guests, who may be elderly and become hot, tired and thirsty. Your reception, caterers, photographers and musicians are all running to a time schedule. If the Ceremony starts late so does everything else.

Trial run your arrival, one week prior.

Allow time for any unforeseen events – traffic jams, etc.

Important Tips for the Big Day

Council approval may be required for public venues.

A large umbrella in the Wedding car in case of rain.

Take things slowly – there is no need to rush, remember to breath and relax and above all else be yourself – you have worked hard to achieve this Special Day – it’s yours to enjoy.

Bride will sign her maiden name on all documents.

Have a plan B available in case of bad weather:
– An alternative venue for holding the Ceremony indoors.
– 30 – 50 umbrellas available for guests.
– Hire a large marquis.

What to do next

All Celebrants have a huge lead time so booking your celebrant may be one of the first things you should do. Contact me to check my availability and we can arrange a meeting. I am happy to come to you should it be difficult to come to me.

Overseas / Interstate Couples

It may be your dream to get married in Australia or Sydney, with its spectacular Harbour, stunning Botanical Gardens and white sandy beaches – and is certainly possible. Please contact me for all the details. Once married you will need to apply to Births Deaths and Marriages to apply for your Official Marriage Certificate, I will provide the application form. All the necessary arrangements for your Wedding can be done by email, phone or fax from you home town.

Please check with your local authorities for full details of recognition of marriage in your country. Some countries require a special stamp which needs to be obtained at your country’s Consulate in Sydney, before you leave Australia – it cannot be done when you arrive home.

From This Day Forward

From this day forward,
You shall not walk alone.
My heart will be your shelter,
And my arms will be your home.

Notice of Intended Marriages Form

To download this form in PDF, please click here.


Many churches allow you to invite a Celebrant to solemnize your wedding, allowing you to marry in your place of worship, yet giving you the option of a non religious Ceremony.